Passwords are an essential security aspect and provide an important first line of protection for the electronic resources, business data, and intellectual properties that are critical for your business.
Having a strong password is one way that each employee can contribute to the overall security of your business.
Strong passwords will help you prevent unauthorized or inappropriate access to email accounts, cloud data and your overall business network.
How will you and your organization benefit from having a strong password policy?
Strong passwords will protect you and your business from ransomware, malware, spam, viruses, phishing and other malicious cyberattacks.
What are the Strong Password specifications and guidelines?
All users must maintain a password that meets the following minimum requirements:
- Must be a MINIMUM of 8 characters
- At least one uppercase alphabetic character (A-Z)
- At least one lowercase alphabetic character (a-z)
- At least one special character (!@#$%^&*)
- At least one number
- No blank spaces
What are the other measures you could take to protect yourself using strong passwords?
- Avoid using any of your last five passwords.
- Avoid using your first name, last name or the word PASSWORD as your password.
- Change your password frequently.
- Never write your password down or store it electronically.
At Idealogical, we have a strategic strong password policy for our clients
Our strong password policy automates the process that schedules password update reminders for each user and enforces minimum strong password requirements – so you don’t have to.
To learn more about how Idealogical ensures the security of your business, call us at 416.410.5030 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our team of security experts will be happy to answer your questions.