Secrets to Finding a Great IT Consultant – Part Four
In our last article we discussed three reasons why you should hire a vendor authorized IT consultant, and we also mentioned that experience trumps vendor certifications. But how do you know for sure if your new IT partner has the experience they should have in order to work on your system? Ask their clients!
It may seem obvious, but a lot of business owners skip over the crucial step of checking their prospective IT partner’s references.
Here are the top seven questions to ask your IT partner’s references:
1. Did they deliver on their promises?
2. Did they stay on schedule and deliver on time or early?
3. Were they responsive and easy to get hold of in times of emergency?
4. Did they bill accurately?
5. Did they nickel and dime you over every little thing?
6. Did they stay within the projected budget?
7. Would you use them again? Why or why not?
You might also ask if there were any problems that arose and how they handled them. Not every project goes as planned, but it’s not the […]